Prevention and Treatment Using Braces
Many of us realize the importance of our teeth once something bad happens to it or if something is not right on its appearance. And for some reason we tend to panic on how to remedy the problem. The best example for that are a misalignment teeth, jaw and gum problem. We lose our confidence if we think something is not right on how we look, it may be in our body, face, skin or teeth.
One way to improve your teeth, jaw and gum problem is through Braces. There are many types of it that provides an option for you to be comfortable in choosing your own way of cure. Also it helps to prevent further complications in the future. In this article we will talk over how old a person can start using braces based in their dental condition plus to know the best type of braces fits you.
Braces is being define as devices used in orthodontics that align and straighten teeth that support proper positioning with regard to a person’s bite, while also aiming to improve dental health.
Orthodontist in the other hand is a dentist with additional training, who specializes in aligning and straightening teeth.
*Know what type of Braces suits you the BEST
- Traditional Braces – known as metal braces. Common and cheapest type of all however it’s the most noticeable one.
- Ceramic Braces – These clear, aesthetic braces are metal-free. They offer an attractive alternative to metal braces and are preferred by adults for their artistic appeal. Fashion is a plus for Ceramic. It might be more expensive than traditional braces but it’s worth the price.
- Damon Braces – These innovative self-ligating braces come in both metal and ceramic (tooth-coloured) designs. The original design reduces friction throughout tooth movement, which usually transforms to greater comfort for the patient. The difference is not only in the design of the braces but also in the treatment method and treatment approach. In some cases, treatment time is reduced and better results can be achieved.
- Lingual Braces – known as invisible braces as they are immovable to the back of each tooth, this is a suitable option for those who prefer treatment that is discreet but still effective. Costly among other types but the benefit you’ll get is enticing.
- Clear Aligners – In this treatment, a series of clear aligners is set and custom-made for each patient. Each aligner is worn for a specified time as instructed and treatment time differs according to different dental situations.